Last updated: March 19, 2017.
Please click on the links above to find out Saturn Sails' current list of secondhand mainsails, genoas, spinnakers and cruisng chutes.
Even though a sail may not have the correct luff tape, slides or sail number, these can all be easily modified and prices can be quickly advised for carrying out this work. Please ring or email us to discuss details further, advising us of the relevant reference numbers of sails that may be suitable. Contact details and enquiry form can be found on our Contact Us page.
- Please note that all sails are viewable by arrangement at our sail loft.
- We regret that we do not trade in or buy sails specifically for this purpose.
- Spinnakers and Cruising Chutes generally sell quite quickly and occasionally within a month but other sails may take 12 months plus.
- If sails are reclaimed after having been inspected and added to web, a survey and handling fee of £30 plus vat will be payable per sail.
- We charge 25% brokerage fee with a minimum fee of £60 plus vat. You will receive 75% of the selling price.
- Please do not send us sails in poor condition.
- Please maintain your sail insurance as they remain your property until sold.
All mainsails are supplied without battens unless otherwise stated
WANTED: Spinnakers and cruising chutes are always good sellers, so if you have any unwanted nylon why not "convert them to cash". Send them to us to add to our secondhand list here and we'll forward a cheque when they're sold.
SPINNAKER MEASUREMENT - As an approximate guide for you to check the spinnaker leech length that is required for your yacht when spec. details are unknown:
- Leech Length is approximately the same as the straight line distance from your highest block at the top of the mast to your gunwale.
- Spinnaker Width is normally 1.8 x J, when J = the distance from the front of the mast to the intersection of the forestay with the deck. Pole length is as per J. Occasionally larger widths are used but the above details suit most cruising yachts.